Pain Relieving Yoga

NewLifeOutlookNewLifeOutlook New Life Outlook
edited October 2014 in Exercise

imagePain Relieving Yoga

Practicing yoga for fibromyalgia can provide two important benefits: hope and relief from their symptoms. Follow these tips to maximize the benefits.

Read the full story here

Comments

• I have had fibromyalgia for 20 years. Yes, you can do yoga!! There are many different types of yoga out there. There are even yoga poses you can do sitting in a chair. Yoga is about starting at your level and working towards more flexibility and strength. You don't have to be able to twist yourself into a pretzel to be able to do yoga. I would highly encourage everyone with fibro to find a yoga routine that works for you. It is Helpful. It is hard to do at first, but within 3 weeks you will be able to tell a huge difference. I do 20 min beginner yoga 3 times a week and it helps a lot!! Something that helped me the most as a sufferer of Fibromyalgia was a food allergy blood test. Eliminate the foods you are allergic to to deceased inflammation. Not any one thing is going to help you get better. It will be a combination of things! Most important a positive attitude. I was sad to see all the negative comments. If you have a negative attitude going in, then you are right ....nothing will work for you!
  • I have had back surgery and went to Physical Therapy. While there I told my therapist about my Fibro. She has shown me several yoga moves that have really helped me reduce the pain. I am now a true believer in yoga. You just have to start moving. I also use essential oils and meditation. These three thing have helped me more than anything else I have tried. Sometimes you have to work through some pain to get relief.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR