Fibromyalgia and the Flu

NewLifeOutlookNewLifeOutlook New Life Outlook
edited December 2014 in Risks

Fibromyalgia article: Fibromyalgia and the FluFibromyalgia and the Flu

Fibromyalgia and the Flu: With fibro, you're more likely to deal with severe symptoms and complications from the flu. These tips will help keep you well.

Read the full story here

Comments

• I had the stomach virus almost two weeks ago and I'm still exausted from it. My meds for my Fibro have aggrevaded my IBS.
    Anyone else have that problem?
  • Get a flu shot! My doctor requires me to get one or suffer the dreaded flu symptoms 10x over--and suffer her wrath! Haven't gotten the flu in the 15 years I've had Fibromyalgia!
  • I just had the flu shot and spent the last two weeks with ethe worst fibro flare up I've had in years. Everything hurt and spasmed and went numb at once. I didn't know what to do with myself. I finally realized that it was a reaction to the shot. How could the medical community advocate so strongly in favor of it? Has anyone else reacted badly to it?
  • I have the flu now. 2 days in and I feel like I'm dying, for lack of a better term. I haven't slept, which doesn't help but I can't lay still enough to sleep. My body aches are seriously the worst ever. I'm worried about the flu shot but I suppose next year I'll give it a try.
  • I went to the doctor yesterday. Thought it was fibromyalgia flaring up but I tested positive for the flu. I slept all day. Trying to keep Advil and Tylenol in my system so I don't hurt as bad. It helps some. Trying to rest as much as possible. I pray this doesn't last long.
  • I am on day 11 of the flu. I felt like this one was going to kill me. This is the first year I did not get the flu shot and now am regretting it. I have missed 2 weeks of work now and am wondering if I will be able to work next week. I have never had a virus with symptoms this long and only feeling slightly better if that. I believe that the fibro is not allowing me to heal as quickly from this.
  • I have never in my life had the flu like this. I caught it from my grandson who fully recovered in 6 days. He was able to play and go on without a hitch. The only reason he had to stay home was due to a low fever.Now for myself, is an entirely other story. I am into my 2nd week. I didn't see a Dr. because I had no energy of getting dressed. I went 5 days without a shower because i have no strength to stand. I have had bed baths instead.
    It is crazy to think i got the flu shot and it did not help an ounce. Massive head ache with such pressure is a 10 on the pain scale. I set crying. The body aches on top of fibro pain...seems un human like.
    Sadly, those that don't know or under stand Fibro probably think i am exaggerating. My husband can attest to my severe pain. This cough hurts every inch of my body. Now, i am getting ear aches and red bumps on my throat, my chest has a elephant on it. If only i had strength to get to the urgent care....but i have NO ENERGY, i break out into a sweat just moving, just enough to breath.
    May God heal us all!!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR