My Story: Palmira Cohn

NewLifeOutlookNewLifeOutlook New Life Outlook
edited January 2015 in Stories

Fibromyalgia article: My Story: Palmira CohnMy Story: Palmira Cohn

In September of 2013 I started to feel tiredness, tingling, and heaviness in my legs to the point that I could not stand.

Read the full story here

Comments

• :)
  • How do we know if it's fibro or chronic fatigue? I seem to have both. Nuvigil has helped for daytime sleepiness and Cymbalta, Norco for pain but I still battle fatigue. Taking a shower wears me out or doing a few errands. Husband does most of the shopping and helps with laundry, vaccuming and cooking. He has Parkinson's and his med makes him sleepy too. What a pair!! I've developed diabetes in the last couple of years too and can't seem to get my blood sugar in the right zone.
    Also, I'm not sure, on this site, who or what discussion I'm answering.
  • I saw you guys talking about oil. What was it?
  • The rheumatologist and physical medicine doctors recommended talk therapy when I was given the fibro diagnoses. I felt guilty and lost when I was unable to work. She convinced me not to feel guilty and to talk with my partner who has been my rock the past 3 years. She told me from the start I had to think of myself first if I was to have any kind of happy life. Well the feeling of guilt is heavier than ever. I am still not working and have been turned down for disability. I don't know how much longer I can go on like this. No meds really help. I force myself to take muscle relaxant and OTC pain meds for really bad flares but then my stomach issues flare. I ask my doctor for help with disability and her words "I'm not comfortable with that." I ask her to refer me to a doctor who can evaluate my ability to work. She emails me a name and tells me the cost will be over $1500 amd insurance won't pay for it. I don't know what to do anymore.
  • AlyssaWinegardenAlyssaWinegarden New Life Outlook
    @Deb31 Hi Deb - you might be interested in joining our private Facebook group. It's very active and I'm sure our community would have some great advice or words of encouragement for you. You can join here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2056811904564402/

Gentle hugs,
    Alyssa

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR