5 Tips for Traveling with Fibromyalgia

NewLifeOutlookNewLifeOutlook New Life Outlook
edited February 2015 in Lifestyle

Fibromyalgia article: 5 Tips for Traveling with Fibromyalgia5 Tips for Traveling with Fibromyalgia

Traveling with fibromyalgia often triggers flares – but it doesn't have to be that way. Adriel shares her tips for enjoying travel and minimizing the risk.

Read the full story here

Comments

• I went to New York for a week a few months ago. The best thing I did was took baths at night and soaked for about 20 min in water as hot as I could tolerate. I also did a lot of stretching. I still had a few flair ups to where I had to sleep in or had to turn in early but we stayed flexible and had a really great time.
  • As an 18 year veteran of this condition and one who loves to travel, I've encountered the challenges often. One suggestion...travel with either a hot water bottle or a Fomantek bag (you can find this online...easy to find with Google search). It really helps to be able to climb into bed for a rest and wrap my legs in warmth, or have the warmth on my back or neck.
  • Whether fibro or not all important things in good time prior your trip. I will have the long flight in June, but I have the most important documents ready and then during the flight I try to sleep as much as I can and stretch my limbs 8arms, legs) during the flight. Not too much sugary intake and then it's best avoid the draught.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR