Hobbies for Fibromyalgia

New Life OutlookNew Life Outlook Moderator
edited July 2014 in Lifestyle
imageHobbies for Fibromyalgia - New Life Outlook | Fibromyalgia

Living with fibromyalgia can force you to change many things about your life, including your hobbies. However, this doesn’t have to be a bad thing.

Read the full story here

Comments

• My symptoms are also up and down. I try to eat healthy but it is harder when traveling. I refuse to let it stop me from doing what I want to do. I just can't do them as often. If I climb a mountain I know it will take me twice as long as it used to and I will need 3-4 days to recover. I have always been a physical person and do find the restrictions disappointing. Regular exercise doesn't help. It only makes things worse. Hence I have gone from a strong fit person to a flabby blob. I am going to try again and hope the outcome will be different.
  • Sian Emily,... Your comment made me smile. All everyone of us wants is to live again. To do lists don't help. I one day it at a time and do what my body might allow for that day. I choose to reduce stress from people who knew me when I was high functioning. They will never get it. Blessings, Love
  • I would give anything for my family to truly understand. They try and believe they do but the fibro fog is tough one day I am fine next day I'm confused. . I feel dumb and worthless. . They say everyone has bad days then compare theirs. Life is hard and I feel I am in this alone.
  • AlyssaWinegardenAlyssaWinegarden New Life Outlook
    @Princdi67 Thank you so much for reaching out. You are not alone - we're here for you :) Have you tried sharing some articles that might help educate your family?
  • Thank you both for excellent tips for living with fibromyalgia.
    I totally agree with all that you wrote and you brought so many good points. As I have said to myself..."I have fibromyalgia,but it doesn't have me!"
    Thank you both for refreshing many valuable care ideas, such as taking a rest on a good day. Great job!!!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR