Driving Safely

NewLifeOutlookNewLifeOutlook New Life Outlook
edited February 2015 in Risks

Fibromyalgia article: Driving SafelyDriving Safely

Driving with fibromyalgia can be stressful, and can lead to flare ups. Consider these tips for reducing pain and stress.

Read the full story here

Comments

• I once got lost driving in my neighborhood. Its a scarey feeling.
  • Thank you for recognizing a problem I have had for too long. I have fibromyalgia and I cannot sleep through the night. I fall asleep, wake up, fall asleep, wake up and that pattern means I might sleep 8 hours, but it's all broken up over the course of the night/morning. I am more anxious while driving distances that are 15-30 minutes when I have to use I-675. I think I will have a talk with my doctor and see what can be done to help me sleep. And now I don't feel badly when I ask my hubby to drive me to an appointment. Thank you for your insights!
  • This is something I have given serious consideration to, and for me the deciding factor was that I also suffer from a Stress Disorder. I do NOT drive. I can handle riding a bicycle for short trips - and I'm not putting others in danger.
  • I'm so glad I am not the only one who deals with this! It's very scary being suddenly disoriented, dizzy, and unable to remember where you were going or any coherent thoughts. I often do not drive anywhere unless I'm having a very good day because I do not want to put myself or anyone else on the road at risk! Driving is dangerous for someone who has all their wits about them anyways!
  • I didn't realize that all of these problems I have are because of the fibro. That said - I'm TRYING to get enough rest. I can't, I have to get up and move around because my knees hurt so bad.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR