COMMUNITY QUESTION: Aqua therapy exercises?

AlyssaWinegardenAlyssaWinegarden New Life Outlook
edited July 2015 in Exercise
Jamie asked: 'I'm going to start walking in the pool at the YMCA. Are there any exercises you guys can tell me to do in the water? I don't really swim because I'm not good at it. Has Aqua therapy helped you? How do you do it, etc?' Thanks all!

Comments

• @AlyssaWinegarden

My physician wants me to start water therapy also. My issue is I was septic 2 years ago and it has effected my balance some, my ability to adjust my body temperature to elements I am in.
    I also have arms and legs that already feel like 50 pound weights each that I have to lift with each and every movement.
    I would be interested in finding if water therapy really works.
  • I do water aerobics in the summer and miss having it in the winter. I feel so good in the pool on a hot summer day with about 50 other ladies doing fun water routines. I feel so good afterwards both physically and mentally. I suggest finding a water aerobics class if possible to join for guided exercises. Get some water dumb bells and just start using those in the pool as resistance.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR