Fibromyalgia Alternative Treatment

New Life OutlookNew Life Outlook Moderator
edited July 2014 in Awareness
imageFibromyalgia Alternative Treatment - New Life Outlook | Fibromyalgia

In the alternative medicine fields, fibromyalgia is a disorder that can be and is reversed with a proper protocol that matches the patient’s needs.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Could you tell me of a local group that meet. I live in Spring Texas 77386 area or The Woodlands, Texas" please have someone local get in touch with me. judyb426@sbcglobal.net. Thank you very much. Judy F. Boudreaux
  • When I am going through episodes or cycle,that is when I am so fatigued that,I seriously,want to die,for me it's debilitating,I also have so many other obstacles,just wandering if anyone else has multiple issues,One of them is severe sweating,that I don't want to be seen in public,I thought is was the change but...... just never lets up?
  • jealujealu Member
    I read a while ago if you use valerian root it is one of the supplements that you need to have liver tests done if you are using it regularly. Is this correct? I heard it can be as damaging as any drug if not monitored.
  • VikkiVikki Member
    #2 is unrealistic for me I've had two neck surgeries and two lower back. Going to the store or walking the dogs isn't in the cards for me actually walking isn't. In the summer I push myself to get in the pool and walk around until I can't anymore.
  • I want to tell each and every one of you how sorry I am that you have this horrible disease. I have a very good friend that suffers right along with you. Even her husband doesn't understand the pain involved in just walking to the bathroom or just standing up. I am going to share this with her on facebook and hope that the support of others suffering with the same disease can help her a little. Praying for a cure...
  • ShellyShelly Member
    I have had fibromyalgia for 15 years. I have good and bad days. My back, across shoulders, and legs hurt all the time. I know walking is hard but I do it everyday. My sleeping is what bothers me the worst. I am now trying a mild sleeping pill from my dr. Stress really makes things hard. I try to keep things calm in my home.
  • DianeDiane Member
    I have had Fibro for over 35 years. A new thing for me is being forced by Fibro to sleep. I can't fight it off.It' s go to sleep or pass out.
  • I had Fibromyalgia for 17 years. I now have Multiple Sclerosis, Dystrophy, Narcolepsy,and New to this list is Osteopenia. I highly understand your conditions. I would Highly recommend having a sleep study done, for those of you with sleep problems. Best thing I had done but wish I had done so before it turned into Narcolepsy. I found out that at night I breathe so shallow that I only take in 70% of the oxygen needed. During the day I am good. MS magazine recommends Provigil. This is a non side effect pill that just wakes you up all day but because you are actually awake all day, this pill is actually taken so you will sleep all night. It works great. Also something that should be known to all of us is this fact. The CURE for fibromyalgia is a very simple and easy treatment. CURE the nerves. A hyperbaric chamber does just that. It forces oxygen directly to the nerves and cures them. Problem is that insurance will not pay for this treatment and it is very expensive. If I could have had these treatments, I would not have MS, MD, Narcolepsy. But not sure about my Osteopenia.
  • I take vitamin D and Calcium daily. It helps a lot. I will try the juicing. I know exercise does help but I have trouble with falling down. I need some help finding some gentle yoga type stretches. I can't do anything to demanding due to severe OA.
    Thanks to all for the information provided here!
    Lana in Ohio
  • finerdayfinerday Member
    edited July 2014
    get tested by IGENIX labs in CA. Many times the cause is lyme disease or co infections
  • i;ve had Fibromyalgia since 1997 before they even new what it was I do all these things and nothing change yet.
  • lavonneklavonnek Member
    edited August 2014
    I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia from my physician over one year ago, he told me to see a Rheumatologist. I was NOT a person who likes taking medication. So, I changed a lot of my diet. Then I told my cousin and he introduced me to a product that changed not only how I feel but how it has changed my life. He sent me samples a week supply, the first 3 days I didn't really notice, but was sleeping better and all the way thru the night. After the 3rd day, It dawned on me that I wasn't having the pains that I typically had doing the simplest tasks. After the 5th day I was sold! I didn't have the money for over a week to get some more, and after 6 days I was starting to feel a little pain come back, but not like before. I ordered the products with a 3 day delivery and started that day when I got it. I have been on this product for over 6 mths and it has made significant changes in my life! Not only for the Fibromyalgia, but I had a slipped disk on my L5,S1.
  • This is a 20 min interesting read.this is from a real dr that has devoyed the last 10 yrs to fibro. Understanding it and treating it. Please read its great !! My husband really.liked it http://www.lifescript.com/health/centers/rheumatoid_arthritis/related_conditions/pain_articles/expert_advice_for_fibromyalgia_patients.aspx
  • My friend has been battling fibro and I want to learn more about it
  • CatCat Member
    Best thing I ever did for my fibromyalgia is stay away from all artificial sweeteners and anything that says diet on it. Aspartame is one of the worst things you can put in your body. Eat as natural as possible.
  • chrischris Member
    These dietary and exercise suggestions may help treat the symptoms. Fibromyalgia is a brain glitch brought on by an event of illness or injury.
  • bettybetty Member
    It is almost impossible to plan anything ahead because I never know how I will be feeling from day to day. Even from hour to hour much of the time. I have to nap everyday, and if I don't, sleeping 20 hours straight the next time I lay down is no problem........but my biggest complaint is the fibro fog. My husband has gotten extremely good at finishing my sentences. I know what I want to say, but I cannot come up with a word, or get it out. This is extremely frustrating. I am on both Lyrica and Savella, along with Oxycontin for my back (2 surgeries) Now am being tested for rheumatoid arthritis...............tired, just tired
  • I've been looking for answers. Since my pain has STOPPED my life. I look forward to trying these ideas. Thank you
  • kati9kati9 Member
    Great news! Remember to use a juicer that retains all the nutrients from the vegetables and the fruit. You should not have any waste left over after juicing! Every part of the vegetable and fruit is retained in your drink!
  • I am at the end of my rope dealing with all that goes along with fibro. After reading this 5 step article I have new hope and some new ideas to try !! I am excited to have found new life outlook : ) Thank you for the info.
  • KathyPKathyP Member
    I have had Fibro for years. I have done the drugs and the natural methods. Natural is so much better. But listening to your body is the key. Diet, hormones, vitamins, and lots of water is what I focus on the most. My biggest aggravations is the the pain in the back, the need to sleep no matter what when I am hurting at my worst, and the Fibro Fog makes me so angry! I cannot find the words I want to use and sometimes have a hard time remembering how to spell them. I am educated, an RN, and never been lazy but this makes me feel really lazy!
  • I have had fibromyalgia and arthritis (both RA and osteo) for many years, and suffer with pain and fatigue every day. I also have terrible itching, have trouble walking and even just standing, and fibro fog. I would like to try this 5 step plan. Do you have any juicing recipes?
  • KarlaKarla Member
    I dont have a juicer is a blender still as good?
  • SusannnSusannn Member
    edited July 2014
    I am happy to see a site that promotes alternatives to the medications that many people take. As a person who has had fibro for over 40 years and osteoarthritis in my knees, I have been down many roads. Meds caused many bad side effects and some permanent. I finally discontinued all of them and did my own research about eight years ago and take supplements, meditate, and exercise. I make smoothies with whey protein, Greek yogurt, fruit and coconut water. I have also had PROLO and PRP on my knees and that has saved me from having knee replacements.
  • Totally disagree with the juicing - you are far better to eat 9-13 servings of fruits and veggies each day than to juice. When you juice and throw away the pulp - you are trashing all the nutrients and are left with sugar water. I am a Fibro survivor and I use Juice Plus+ - which is fruits and veggies in a capsule... 24 servings of fruits and veggies each day. The sugar in the juicing only makes the fibro worse..
  • @SweetPea Thank you for being so understanding of us!
  • I've read that the juicing should be done in a blender so you don't lose the fiber and other parts of the fruit and vegetables. My favorite is kale, spinach, strawberry, banana, orange juice smoothies with a little bit of fat-free, plain Greek Yogurt added. I take all of my doctor-prescribed supplements with it which helps out because I have a hard time taking them with water.
  • @Karla Better actually because you don't lose the fiber and many of the nutrients. You might have to blend things like spinach and kale a little longer to get them small enough.
  • Who can tell me what vitamins I am low in? Can anyone help me with this?
  • Can you tell me what regiment You do each day ?
  • What is your regiment? Please share all? @Susannn
  • Who can tell me what vitamins I am low in? Can anyone help me with this?
    Iwill help you if you contact me here or on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/annchristine.nielsen.1
  • @Goldenfinches I took Provagil as my very first medication when I first met my Neurologist. I had no exspression about me did not talk to any one at work just came in and sat down worked and went home at end of day.Even my husband and Mom worried about me.I was trapped in my body some where.I did not relate to or with anyone. It was weird.Obviously Provagil was not for me.Since then I have found a good mix that works for me.Savella 1 A day and amitriptyline at night for sleep with some flexirel thrown in:)
  • @lavonnek what is this product ? How much does it cost and where do you get it and what is in it?
  • @lavonnek what is this product ? How much does it cost and where do you get it and what is in it?
    Hi you can contact me on my facebook. https://www.facebook.com/annchristine.nielsen.1 Or my name is Ann-Christine Nielsen iam from Sweden
  • @Cat you are so right that was all i sued for coffee tea cooking . but i stop and it is helping
  • I too LOVE juice plus and use it daily. I do a fare amount of supplements as well. Do you also use doTerra oils? I have found that their Deep Blue oil is wonderful for my back pain. I do also do what the doctor says to do. I have fibro, RA, and Sjogrens so I read a lot and do what my doctor and I agree on. I have to say for as bad off as I am I'm really good. I believe in Juice Plus and in essential oils, also the western medicines and supplements. it all works for me. OH, the other thing I have found good is fish oil taken with every meal.
    @jiniis66
    Totally disagree with the juicing - you are far better to eat 9-13 servings of fruits and veggies each day than to juice. When you juice and throw away the pulp - you are trashing all the nutrients and are left with sugar water. I am a Fibro survivor and I use Juice Plus+ - which is fruits and veggies in a capsule... 24 servings of fruits and veggies each day. The sugar in the juicing only makes the fibro worse..
  • I can tell you what is causing you memory problems. I tried Lyrica and was instantly feeling so much better and thought I had found the answer. The only problem was it made me feel stupid and couldn't get my words out. It was the lyrica because when I stopped taking it and I was better. @betty
  • I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2000. I haven't been able to get anyone to go through the exam and tests to determine if I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, though. I gained 40 pounds on Gabapentin, so I stopped that. I couldn't take Lyrica because it caused muscle tics. Every antidepressant I have tried in all classes have caused that. Surprisingly, I can take Savella, but stopped it because of cost. Currently, I am on no fibromyalgia meds, but I take Celebrex for osteoarthritis. I don't sleep well, have a CPAP, and have tried a couple of sleep meds, but they caused too many problems. Now, I put a 4 pound bag of Epsom Salts in my bath water twice a week, do water aerobics in deep water three days a week and manage the pain pretty well, but not the exhaustion. When I have a full day on the road, I have to nap in order to come home. I do chiropractic for the degenerative disc disease and the occasional massage. If I could rest if I could concentrate and remember, I would go back to work. I finally did the gastric sleeve weight loss surgery two years ago. I weighed 240 at one time. Now, I stay around 155, ten pounds above the goal they set for me. The IBS is better since I don't eat as much, but when I eat foods that are wrong for me, it flares. Diet helps a lot, but I confess to not always following the proper diet. I do better without eating a lot of carbs, but I allow that old "sweet tooth" to dictate what I eat sometimes. Then I regret it. Not only do the carbs cause the IBS to flare, they contribute to the sluggish, lethargic feeling I fight with. I take a lot of vitamins and supplements because I am also a vegetarian. The Epsom Salts have changed my life. The muscle aches are much better and so is the degenerative disc disease. They have been a miracle for me.
  • LolaallisonLolaallison Member
    edited November 2014
    @lavonnek what product are you using? I've had fibromyalgia for about 15 years diagnosed. I choose to not do the prescription drugs for it because of the awful side defects. My dr put me on a muscle relaxer to help me sleep at night. Also magnesium calcium taken at night will relax you and help you sleep. The best I've felt is when I did the Quantum Wellness Cleanse which takes you off meat, dairy, gluten, sugar and caffeine. I never had pain on it and tons of energy. Since then I realized I reacted to gluten and dairy and avoid them as much as possible but not perfect. I drink green turmeric tea to fight inflammation. Going off coffee has also lessened my abdominal pain. I always hurt more in the winter when it drops below 40.

• Aiden Lucas
    I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia for 3 years, and it was very painful some days. I was taken methocarbamol to relieve the pain. Sometimes it helps and other days it doesn't. it was killing me for 3 years, doctor said there was no cure. So I tried to live with it and it wasn't easy.My childhood friend introduced me to Dr George (Good health herbs home),Dr George fibromyalgia herbal remedy cured me within 6 weeks of usage ,am fibromyalgia free now 100%.

• Aiden Lucas
    I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia for 3 years, and it was very painful some days. I was taken methocarbamol to relieve the pain. Sometimes it helps and other days it doesn't. it was killing me for 3 years, doctor said there was no cure. So I tried to live with it and it wasn't easy.My childhood friend introduced me to Dr George (Good health herbs home),Dr George fibromyalgia herbal remedy cured me within 6 weeks of usage ,am fibromyalgia free now 100%.for more information visit www goodhealthherbshome com

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR