Resistance Training

NewLifeOutlookNewLifeOutlook New Life Outlook
edited February 2016 in Exercise

Fibromyalgia article: Resistance TrainingResistance Training

Resistance training is the fastest and most effective way to increase your energy and maintain an active, and independent lifestyle with Fibromyalgia.

Read the full story here

Comments

• You....don't actually work with people with fibromyalgia, do you? Powering through pain or even fatigue while weight lifting is the absolute worst thing you can do when you have this disease. I tried it based on the advice of so-called doctors and fitness gurus like yourself who are featured on fibromyalgia sites, and it was one of the worst decisions of my life. Now I can't even sit on the bus long enough to get home without having to stand for the last ten minutes due to leg and groin pain; and my bus ride is only 20 minutes, so that means I now can only sit for 10 minutes. It really makes me angry how fibromyalgia sites like this one just feature the same fitness advice as every regular fitness site out there and will just add something about, "This might not seem like a good idea for fibromyalgia, BUT IT REALLY IS!" Don't listen to these websites, everybody. Look for peer-reviewed research on the NIH's website, talk to your doctor, or look at the Mayo Clinic's website. Pretty much everything else is a scam designed only to get clicks.
  • AlyssaWinegardenAlyssaWinegarden New Life Outlook
    @poofairy Thanks so much for your comment! There are a couple of things we'd like to clear up. First of all, we totally agree that there is a lot of inaccurate information out there that is just super unrealistic for those suffering from fibromyalgia. However, what works for some people, doesn't work for others, which is why we're firm believers in listening to your body and working at a pace that is best for you! In addition to that, some of the things we suggested in this article include light forms of yoga and water therapy, which many of our community members have had success from! Again, what works for some won't work for others, but we're definitely just trying to provide a variety of tips to help fibro sufferers find something that will work for them in their day-to-day life with fibromyalgia. I hope this helps clear things up a bit :)
    -Alyssa

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR