COMMUNITY QUESTION: Does mono cause fibromyalgia?

AlyssaWinegardenAlyssaWinegarden New Life Outlook
Sharon asks: 'How many people on here have had Mononeucleos in their past and/or have Epstein Barr virus markers in their blood?'

Comments

• MgoMgo Member
    I had mono twice in my twenties. Each time I was sick for months. I've had fibro for twenty years, diagnosed 10 years ago. I never made the connection, but it does make sense.
  • sunnydaysunnyday Member
    edited May 2016
    glad I found this site! Was told I had Epstein-Barr Virus in 1992 along with Fibromylgia and Chronic Fatigue. In 2010 was told by rheumatoligist I have Connective tissue disease as well. Been suffering with Piriformis Syndrome/sciatica for 18 months now. Could the FM be making this condition worse than the norm?
  • @AlyssaWinegarden
    I had A severe case of Mono when I was 18. Was in the hospital for over a week. After I had my first child is when I started to not feel right. After blood work, I found out I had the Epstein-Barr virus and chronic fatigue syndrome. After my third child in 2000, my body became a flaring medical Hot mess!!!! Fibro, CFS, thyroid, B-12 deficiency, hysterectomy, anxiety, and so many more.!!!!!☹️
  • AlyssaWinegardenAlyssaWinegarden New Life Outlook
    @Michelle1989 It seems like many fibromyalgia symptoms become apparent after childbirth! Thank you for sharing with us - what an incredibly hard situation to endure. You're not alone!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR