My Story: Starla Rich

NewLifeOutlookNewLifeOutlook New Life Outlook
edited June 2016 in Stories

Fibromyalgia article: My Story: Starla RichMy Story: Starla Rich

She is a fibromyalgia warrior who is a strong voice for those struggling with health issues that diminish quality of life.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Thank u for the story. I have ra n fibro. I was handling ra but this fibro is nearly unbearable. I don't take pain meds. Don't want to depend on them. I kind of feel like Willie Nelson about the pills. I pray for a cure or Something do endure it. I have a life it has just dramatically changed to no energy. Pray for all who suffer with this nearly unbearable pain.
  • I also have fibro, don't use pain meds. I've tried different vitamins they only help for a short time . Any suggestions ? Thanks Sharon Colwell
  • @Sandylynn Thank you for reading my story. I am so sorry that you deal with chronic pain and low energy. I too pray for a cure. I have tried many medications over the years, but they become ineffective in a short amount of time and I really don't like them either. I try to manage my symptoms with diet, sleep, reducing stress and pacing myself more. I have found a few supplements and vitamins that seem to help as well. I have also learned that certain foods seem to worsen my symptoms so try to avoid those triggers. Please take care of yourself and know you are not alone! ~Starla
  • @olegirl04 Sharon I agree with you on the pain medications. Since Fibro deals more with the neurological system, traditional pain meds are ineffective. Studies have shown though that people with FM tend to be deficient in vitamin D, vitamin B12 and magnesium. The regular multi-vitamins might not be absorbing into your system well. Recently my doctor subscribed what is called a "medical food" that is a combination of supplements and vitamins that are specifically targeted for fibro, neuropathy etc. It is called Metanx. I've only been taking it for a few weeks but have had some positive results with it. It has reduced the numbness, tingling and pain and has given me a bit more energy. Thank you for reading my story! Take care.... ~Starla
  • I’ve been recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and it has turned my life up side down. Even though it is good to know exactly what I have, I’m devastated to learn where this is going. Can someone provide advise in regards to filling for disability since working seems to be an impossibly now? Please advise, anything will be greatly appreciated, thanks, Claudia

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR