neurologist or rhumetalogist?

my rhematolgost on my insurance said they do not treat FM and that I should see a neurologist. Any thoughts on which doctor is better? I get pain in the middle of my back like there is a "HUGE" knot when I really hurt. That alerts me to slow down and often a heating pad will not work, I need to get out the tramadol


  • I went to a Rheumatologist and she was no help at all. I am going to a neurologist soon and will see what she says. The rheumatologist told me that it is typical for women my age (48) to have these symptoms and she believed it was from estrogen fluctuations. She said there are no women in there 70's who have this any more. That doesn't help me now. She prescribed exercise which I already do when I can.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook