I am having trouble with the medical field believing how much pain I am in on a daily basis.

I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, panic disorder and depression back in 1982. The medical field had trouble then believing my physical symptoms. Now everyone is being treated for anxiety and depression. I'm facing the same trouble now as I did thirty years ago with fibromyalgia. I knew I had it, but Tylenol and a nap would help the pain and achiness. The trauma from a double neck fusion started my journey into the daily living hell of full blown fibromyalgia. Maybe thirty years down the road they will be more accepting of the fibromayalgia diagnosis.

Comments

• I honestly don't think anyone understands unless they've experienced it! They can "try" to understand, but they won't. My doctor who diagnosed me was sympathetic ,but basically told me to suck it up and take care of myself. that sure helped alot...lol. I'm sorry you're in so much pain! The level of pain does seem surreal at times. I hope you get some relief soon :)

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR