My Story: Laura Junio

NewLifeOutlookNewLifeOutlook New Life Outlook
edited November 2017 in Stories

Comments

• I love the story by Laura! I can relate in that I am holding out on taking anything for pain. And heat does help. And I had been told by doctors at a well known hospital that medications help very little anyway. I also have severe restless leg syndrome.

I take medication for that that keeps it in check. I have a supportive husband and a few friends. But some friends still do not understand this disease no matter how much you educate them. I am lucky I have the means for getting extra help like delivering groceries.
  • I see a chiropractor.....but one who does not twist me up like a pretzel. I saw one who practiced the latter and it only made things worse. 2 years ago I was checking in to applying for disability. I decided to give a chiropractor another shot...but a different kind of chiropractic care. Today I feel better than I have in years. There are bad days but, today, I am in control of my fibro. It does NOT control me! Don't give up. Don't stop looking for the help that works!
  • Acupuncture has helped me, but it is temporary. Keeping a positive outlook makes a huge difference - give yourself 5 min. a day to feel sorry for yourself, then move on and try to see where you can benefit someone else.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR