I just want to Scream!!!

I have had Fibro for well over 10 yrs. or there about, becoming older I have discovered that the Flareups have become a lot worse and much more frequent. I have been on Gabapentin (or Neurontin) for 5 months with no relief from the horrible pain, the only thing that it did was make me feel like I was one of the Zombies on the Walking Dead. I am a Reiki Practitioner and have even tried working on myself, but it doesn't work so well. Other more natural things have been also used such as, Tart Cherry Juice, Turmeric Herbal Tea (both good for inflammation) Heating pad, walking is pretty much out of the question since I have been using a cane due to a bad knee that I have been trying not to have more surgery on...So here I sit in a catch twenty two. Yes meditation and guided imagery have also been incorporated into my regime. So if any of you could please lend me a mental hand I would so appreciate it, truly. The ONLY thing that helps at all (and I have none) is the green herb.

Jacqueline Chavez

Comments

• timtim Member
    the only thing that has helped me is a 50mcg fentanal patch every 3 days and 7.5x 325 hydrocodone tab, mostly 2 in the morning and 1 or 2 later in the day. some times only the 2 in the morning. been on this for 6months. before that was butrans patch 20mcg and 6 to 8 hydrocodone a day was not working well. they tell me the patch and pills work against each other. been fighting fibro for 16 yrs. good luck
  • I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia by a dentist! in 1997. I had never heard of it before but handed me a little booklet about it and when I started reading, it was me!!! The flares have become more painful as the fatigue has increased as well. My mother-in-law lived next door until her death in Jan. 2008. Then my Mother went into a Nursing home with dementia in August 2008. She died on Christmas Day after a long battle with Parkinson's. Stress and emotional stress make me flare and hurt so bad. Massage therapy does help and so does pain medication. I really couldn't function without it. Stay strong my fibro friends and don't give up!
  • Gabapentin doesn't do much for me either. Ativan at night helps me sleep better. I have sleep apnea too and have a CPAP machine. I don't believe we will ever be cured but we can be grateful for the "good" days.. @Jacqueline
  • Can't you get a medical card for the green herb? Not sure where you are located but I know a few people who have one and they also get edibles. The edibles make me speedy, not relaxed, cannot smoke it cuz I get anxiety. There are pharmaceuticals that might help you but it seems you would rather go natural. I would love to go all natural, but unfortunately my body is so used to pain medication, klonopin, anti-depressant, which I have had difficulty getting off, I wish I could do all natural things. I do massage, chiropractor, stretching, walking. I take a bunch of supplements, take epsom salt baths, heating pads, cold pack on lower back. I tried Lyrica and hands swelled so doctor took me right off, thank God. I pray and watch a lot of christian tv stations and get alot of hope and uplifting from doing that. I am trying to slow myself down and pace myself cuz I always think I have to rush to do things, but that only makes things worse. Plus with the fibro fog and fatigue, I try to jack myself up with caffeine which gets me going but makes my body hurt. Can we win?? we need to just keep putting one foot in front of the other and lean on God when we feel we can't stand up on our own. Blessings!!!
  • Hi, I was diagnosed in 2013. I take 100 mg 3 times a day of Tramadol. last year they added 100 mg 3 times a day of Gabapentin. as long as I don't forget the afternoon doses of those I am functioning ok. Still have pain 24/7 somewhere in my body and some days of terrible fatique, etc., but without those meds I would be very weak, esp in the legs, and worse pain. I can't take an increase because I am very sensitive to getting side affects. of course, stress makes me much worse. I do water workout classes which are a great help. @Jacqueline

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR